Main menu

Pages

 


Fishing in the Nile supports the economy of the countries it passes through, as fish in it are a main source of low-cost protein, and fishing activities in the Nile contribute to providing job opportunities and increase the income and export revenues of countries. 

[1] The fishing season in the Nile varies from place to another. In general, the main fishing season in the Blue Nile extends from March to July, while the main fishing season in the White Nile extends from November to March.

 [2] It is noteworthy that the White Nile extends from Lake Victoria in Tanzania and flows north until It reaches Khartoum in Sudan, where it meets the Blue Nile, and the Blue Nile begins near Lake Tana in Ethiopia, and the Nile flows into the Mediterranean Sea in northern Egypt. 

[3] The main fisheries in the Nile River Basin Among the most important main fisheries in the Nile River basin are the following: [1] Lake Victoria: It is the largest natural lake in Africa, and is famous for a type of carp known scientifically as (Rastrineobola argentea), Nile whitefish, Nile tilapia, and sardine, and fishermen use traditional and automatic fishing boats to catch fish from the lake, 

and more Fishing gear is used Always gillnets and long fishing lines. Lake Tana: It is the largest lake in Ethiopia, and it contains several types of fish, the most important of which are three groups of native fish. These are: barp fish or yellow fish, African catfish or African catfish, and Nile tilapia, and fishing in this lake depends on fishing boats made of reeds, and steamboats that have been introduced as a result of the increasing demand, and fishing is done using locally made fisheries and gill nets. Tributaries of the Nile River in Sudan: The tributaries of the Nile River in Sudan are famous for fish of commercial importance, which are: Nile whiteness, whiteness,

 Nile tilapia, carp, brown, Qunumah or Qishwa fish, and tiger fish, and the prevalent fishing equipment in these areas includes gill nets and nets Bulldozer, triangle nets, longlines, trawlers, baskets. Lake Nasser: It is a lake behind the High Dam in the city of Aswan, and part of it is located within the borders of Sudan, known as Lake Nubia,

 and tilapia constitute 90% of the total catch from this lake, while the Nile whiteness and brown fish make up the remaining 10%. Despite the large area of ​​the lake, it contributes to only about 10% of the total freshwater fishing that reaches the Egyptian Nile Basin due to the depth of its waters, and the small number of steamboats equipped with fishing equipment suitable for this depth. Irrigation channels along the Nile River: Among the common types of fish that are caught from these channels are tilapia, including Nile tilapia, blue tilapia, white Galilee or mango tilapia, and Xili tilapia, in addition to catfish, and fishing fleets in these channels include hundreds Small wooden boats, while the fishing equipment used is usually primitive, despite the use of trawls in some areas.

reactions

Comments